The Sylmar Crisis Residential Treatment Program
Central Star Behavioral Health is operating one of the crisis residential treatment programs (CRTPs) located in Sylmar on the grounds of the Olive View UCLA Campus. The CRTP provides adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis with 24/7 intensive treatment in a therapeutic homelike setting on a beautifully landscaped campus in Sylmar.
The voluntary 16-bed residential center provides a safe alternative to hospital emergency rooms, urgent care or hospitalization. Adults dealing with mental health challenges or a recent crisis can get help healing and reconnecting with family, friends, and their community. Individuals live on-site for several weeks while they receive counseling and learn basic living and interpersonal skills.
- Medical, psychiatric, and psychosocial assessment
- Individualized recovery planning
- Evidence-based therapeutic services
- Individual/group counseling
- Daily health and wellness activities
- Peer support services
- Case management
- Linkage to services and supports for successful transition back into the community
Who is the program for?
- Adults ages 18 and older
- Individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis, including those who have a co-occurring substance abuse disorder
- Those who are willing to actively participate in developing their own plans for recovery
Referrals are accepted from Los Angeles DMH ICD, from County hospitals, acute inpatient units, urgent care centers, and from law enforcement. Medi-Cal Only. Walk-ins are not accepted.
General Information & Referrals:
Phone: (818) 290-5308
Fax: (818) 484-3763
California Relay Service: 711
Sylmar Olive View UCLA CRTP
14129 Bucher Ave.
Sylmar, CA 91342
Programs by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) Intensive Care Division (ICD) and operated by Central Star Behavioral Health, a Stars Behavioral Health Group agency.