Fresno Crisis Residential Treatment Facility for Adults
About the CRU
Our residential facilities are open as usual to serve you during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health’s Crisis Residential Treatment Facility is a short-term, 16-bed recovery-based program located in Fresno, CA. It offers a home-like setting for adults ages 18-59 experiencing serious psychotic episodes or intense emotional distress who might otherwise face hospitalization and/or incarceration. Operated by Central Star Behavioral Health, the CRU is a voluntary Crisis Residential Treatment facility that allows residents to practice real-world recovery by participating in the day-to-day activities of running a household, including basic living skills and social/interpersonal skills. Residents learn valuable coping skills to remain stable and gain the ability to successfully transition back to community living after a period of psychiatric crisis and recovery.
- Provides services 24 hours a day and 365 days a year and includes assessment, physical and psychological evaluation, mental health and case management services, in addition to assistance locating permanent housing.
- Therapeutic and Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation/recovery services, including substance use rehabilitation services
- Family inclusion
- Pre-vocational or vocational counseling
- Medication evaluation and support services
- Daily exercise and health/wellness education
- Crisis intervention
Who Can Use the Services?
- Adults ages 18 and up.
- Those who are at risk of experiencing a crisis.
- Those who are appropriate for an environment with shared living.
- Those who are willing to actively participate in developing their own plans for recovery.
- Those who are non-violent and not sex offenders.
- Those who have Medi-Cal or are not insured.
Individuals and families are referred through the Department of Behavioral Health, Hospital Emergency Rooms, Crisis Stabilization Unit and/or the Crisis Continuums.
General Information & Referrals
Central Star Crisis Residential Treatment Facility
496 S Barton Ave
Fresno, CA 93702
Phone: (559) 860-4422
Fax: (559) 475-7866
eFax: (559) 550-0373
The CRU is administered by Central Star Behavioral Health, a Stars Behavioral Health Group agency. Central Star is a provider of mental health services under contract with the Fresno Department of Behavioral Health. Services are provided in collaboration with the Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health.