Desert Hill Center Crisis Residential Treatment for Adults
Desert Hill Center is a short-term, 16-bed center located in Victorville that is designed to help adult residents ages 18 to 59 of San Bernardino County maintain psychiatric stabilization. Operated by Valley Star Behavioral Health, it is a voluntary Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) facility to assist in a safe and successfully transition back to community living after a period of psychiatric crisis and recovery.
Read about the opening ceremony here.
About the Desert Hill Center
- 16-bed, community-based treatment option in a home-like setting that helps reduce unnecessary Emergency Department visits.
- Residents can stay for up to 30 days
- Provides a positive, temporary alternative for people experiencing a serious psychiatric episode or intense emotional distress who might otherwise face voluntary or involuntary hospitalization and/or incarceration.
- Allows residents to practice real-world recovery by participating in the day-to-day activities of running a household, including learning basic living skills, social/interpersonal skills and the coping skills necessary to remain stable.
- Provides services 24 hours a day and 365 days a year and includes assessment, physical and psychological evaluation, mental health and case management services, in addition to assistance locating permanent housing.
- Links residents with step-down services and resources to support their recovery.
What is Desert Hill Center Like?
Desert Hill Center is situated on approximately three acres in a new and nearly 11,000-square-foot building. Each bedroom has a living area and restroom, and the center also has a common kitchen, living, and eating area. There is also a separate medical exam room, therapy room, visiting room, laundry facilities, staff offices and more.
- Therapeutic and Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation/recovery services, including substance use rehabilitation services
- Family inclusion
- Pre-vocational or vocational counseling
- Medication evaluation and support services
- Daily exercise and health/wellness education
- Crisis intervention
Who Can Use the Services?
- Adults ages 18 and up.
- Those who are at risk of experiencing a crisis.
- Those who are appropriate for an environment with shared living.
- Those who are willing to actively participate in developing their own plans for recovery.
- Those who are non-violent and not sex offenders.
- Those who have Medi-Cal or are not insured.
Individuals and families may self-refer or are referred through the San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health (DBH) outpatient mental health clinics, community mobile crisis response teams, and through partnerships with hospital emergency rooms and local law enforcement.
General Information & Referrals:
eFax: (760) 262-3976
TTY users please dial 7-1-1
Desert Hill Center Crisis Residential Treatment
16552 Sunhill Dr.
Victorville, CA 92395
Desert Hill CRT is administered by Valley Star Behavioral Health, a Stars Behavioral Health Group agency. Valley Star is a provider of mental health services under contract with the San Bernardino Department of Behavioral Health. Services are provided in collaboration with the San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health and funded by the Mental Health Services Act (Proposition 63).