Why Work at SBHG
Why Stars Behavioral Health Group is a great place to work
For six years in a row, Stars Behavioral Health Group has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. “According to our study, 75 percent of Stars Behavioral Health Group employees say it is a great workplace,” says Sarah Lewis-Kulin, Vice President of Great Place to Work Certification List Production. Approximately 1,400 companies in the U.S. are currently certified as a Great Place to Work, and of those, only 10% are healthcare organizations.
What’s to Love?
- We are a large, stable company that has been around since 1988
- Employee Owned Company where employees have a voice and are beneficial owners
- We offer our employees opportunities for learning, forming collegial relationships, developing skills, employing innovative ideas, and becoming the best in their field
- SBHG is nationally accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) and has won multiple honors, commendations of excellence and awards, including the LA Business Journal “Healthcare Leadership Award.”
Our friendly culture, experienced leadership, and casual work environments round out the formula for successful, satisfying, and meaningful endeavors. We are committed to using the recovery model and are focused on client voice and choice. By providing service and value to each client and family, our staff appreciates being able to give back to the community and how they make a difference.
In addition, our Core Values reflect our culture of creativity and initiative, exemplary customer partnerships and a respectful and stimulating work environment. We equip our employees with skills and appreciate their strengths. And our dedication to diversity and inclusion lends to our ability to widen our opportunity to service. These values support our employees in a challenging, fast-paced environment – an environment where each individual can make a significant contribution.
Our Employees Benefit!
- Health insurance coverage for employees and their families
- A favorable 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which means our employees are beneficial owners of the company*.
- Robust training programs and our experience with evidence-based practices. Our Training Academy trains around the world, and many of its programs are available to employees.
Read more about employee benefits.
*Employees of SBHG’s non-profit companies receive an enhanced 401(k) in place of the ESOP benefits.