Careers at Stars Behavioral Health Group
Named one of the best places to work in the US
Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
Stars Behavioral Health Group offers:
- Large, stable, company founded in 1988
- Flexible options: Full-time, part-time, hourly, salaried, management
- Competitive salaries and an impressive benefits package
- Employee-owned company (called an ESOP or Employee Stock Ownership Plan)*
- Awarded both the LA Business Journal “Best Places to Work” in Los Angeles and “Top Workplaces” in the Bay Area (repeatedly) by the Mercury News
- Some of the best training available today in this industry
- Residential, in-patient or community-based outpatient positions
- Professional growth and career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity for real, meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of the children, adults and families we serve.
- DailyPay : employees and contractors have access to their earned, but unpaid wages before their regularly scheduled payday.
*Employees of SBHG’s non-profit companies receive an enhanced 401(k) in place of the ESOP benefits.