Central Star Youth Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF)
Our residential facilities are open as usual to serve you during the COVID-19 Outbreak.
Fresno County and the rest of the Central Valley now have a Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) for adolescents. The Central Star Youth PHF is a newly remodeled 16-bed facility at Kings Canyon Road and S. Cedar Avenue in Fresno, that focuses on acute care, stabilization, community transition, and aftercare for youth ages 12-17. The Youth PHF coordinates with families, counties, insurers, and community-based organizations for aftercare and maintaining safety for youth.
The 7,100-square-foot facility has nine double client rooms, its own kitchen, common areas, an outside courtyard with a basketball hoop, as well as many other age appropriate amenities.
The Central Star Youth PHF:
- Provides intensive treatment programs with individualized care plans for up to 16 clients and their families
- Offers counseling, psychiatry, medication support, nursing, and rehabilitation services including therapeutic group activities and expressive arts
- Moves clients through five phases: admission; engagement; learning; stabilization; and linkage to resources and aftercare
- Provides services on a voluntary or involuntary basis
- Accepts Fresno County clients with Medi-Cal and those who are impoverished
- Is available for contracting with Central Valley counties
- Is licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services
Central Star also provides a Family Handbook for families available in English, Spanish, and Hmong. Our Handbook contains information on the services your child will receive and how you can participate in your child’s care, our visiting hours, answers to questions about legal issues, and advice on how to help your child after discharge. We want to answer all questions you have about the care your child receives both during the stay at the PHF and the plan for continued care after discharge.
The walls and ceilings of the center are painted with words like “Inspire,” “Connect,” “Create,” and “Active.”
Central Star Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF)
4411 E Kings Canyon Rd., Building #319
Fresno, CA 93702
(Kings Canyon Rd & S. Cedar Avenue)
Note: the parking lot directly in front of the building is permit only. There is plenty of other parking.
Map & Directions
Phone: (559) 600-2382 or (559) 600-2382 ext. 100
Fax: (559) 475-7866
Deborah Tobias-Gatewood, LMFT
3433 W Shaw Ave, Suite 102
Fresno, CA 93711
Phone: (559) 558-4051 ext. 241
Fax: (559) 354-0160