Crisis Residential Program & Counseling Center for TAY and Young Adults
Watch our virtual grand opening and facility tour!
All About The STAY
The Capital Star Crisis Residential Program (CRP), called The STAY, that serves TAY and young adults ages 18-29 is now open in Sacramento. Up to 15 residents are able to stay for up to 30 days. Residents receive counseling and services that support their transition to housing, employment, education and ongoing care. The STAY responds to a huge need for TAY and young adults, many who have a mental illness like depression, anxiety, or PTSD and need treatment to help them through a rough point. CRPs are lower level, unlocked, voluntary facilities, and clients do not need an acute level of care requiring hospitalization.
The STAY will help TAY and young adults safely and successfully transition back to community living after a period of psychiatric crisis and recovery.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for voluntary admissions only
- Provides mental health services to include individual and group counseling, as well as psychiatry
- Incorporates the tenets of recovery, peer support and identifying community connections
- Assists TAY and young adults in creating their own Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- Provides culturally competent services for LGBTQIA+ TAY and young adults
- Connects residents to housing, education, vocational, healthcare, and other community-based services
- Available to those with or without Medi-Cal
Benefits to the Community:
- Supports stability for TAY and young adults and reduces costs of care, homelessness, and suicide risk
- Relieves hospitals and emergency rooms by stabilizing clients who normally overload emergency rooms and increase wait times for others
- Increases neighborhood safety with a facility that operates 24/7
Do you have a client that could benefit from our services? First, please review our Referral Checklist here for admission criteria. Click here for the Crisis Residential Program Referral Form and click here for the LIC602 Form. Please complete both forms and fax to (916) 244-2751
The STAY CRP is Now Open
Have questions about the STAY?
Call (916) 890-3000 or Dial: 711
Si tiene alguna pregunta o sugerencia, o para hacer una cita para conocer a uno de nuestros representantes, puede llamar a (916) 890-3000.
This program is funded by the Division of Behavioral Health Services through the voter approved Proposition 63, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).
Names and photos have been changed to protect clients.