Fresno Crisis Residential Unit (CRU) for Adults
About the Fresno CRU
The Crisis Residential Treatment program (which we are calling The CRU, pronounced “crew”) is a short-term, 16-bed recovery-based program located in Fresno, CA. It offers a home-like setting for adults ages 18-59 experiencing serious psychotic episodes or intense emotional distress who might otherwise face hospitalization and/or incarceration. Operated by Central Star Behavioral Health, the CRU is a voluntary Crisis Residential Treatment facility that allows residents to practice real-world recovery by participating in the day-to-day activities of running a household, including basic living skills and social/interpersonal skills. Residents learn valuable coping skills to remain stable and gain the ability to successfully transition back to community living after a period of psychiatric crisis and recovery.
- Provides services 24 hours a day and 365 days a year and includes assessment, physical and psychological evaluation, mental health and case management services, in addition to assistance locating permanent housing.
- Therapeutic and Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation/recovery services, including substance use rehabilitation services
- Family inclusion
- Pre-vocational or vocational counseling
- Medication evaluation and support services
- Daily exercise and health/wellness education
- Crisis intervention
Who Can Use the Services?
- Adults ages 18 and up.
- Those who are at risk of experiencing a crisis.
- Those who are appropriate for an environment with shared living.
- Those who are willing to actively participate in developing their own plans for recovery.
- Those who are non-violent and not sex offenders.
- Those who have Medi-Cal or are not insured.
Individuals and families may self-refer or are referred through the Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health, its contractors, Institutes of Mental Health Disease (IMDs), hospital emergency rooms, outpatient mental health clinics, community mobile crisis response teams, and local law enforcement.
General Information & Referrals
Central Star Crisis Residential Treatment Center
496 S Barton Ave
Fresno, CA 93701
Phone: (559) 892-1128
Fax: (559) 475-7866
eFax: (559) 550-0373
Fresno CRU is administered by Central Star Behavioral Health, a Stars Behavioral Health Group agency. Central Star is a provider of mental health services under contract with the Fresno Department of Behavioral Health. Services are provided in collaboration with the Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health.